Did you know we'll do all this for you?We'll screenshare and walk you through every step! Ask for help.
- No Stripe/Braintree Action
- This is the most basic Detour type. It does not interact with your gateway, all you can do with it is send an email and choose a redirect location. Although simple, you can get very creative with this one. Here are a few ideas:
- Send a request to support.
- Notify the founders/CEO. This is just like support, but "talking to the boss" has a powerful psychological effect.
- Ask the most common help support issues and redirect them to your help page on that topic. e.g. "I can't get my bank account to sync."
- This detour will delete the customer from your gateway. Consider pushing them to Cancel instead.
- Cancel Subscription Immediately
- This will cancel their subscription and prorate their last bill (check the docs for your gateway to see how they handle this on their end). If they don't have a subscription, this detour isn't shown.
- Cancel Subscription After The Current Billing Cycle
- This will cancel their subscription, but it remains active until the current billing cycle ends. If they don't have a subscription, this detour isn't shown.
- This action cancels their subscription, and attempts to reconnect it on the specified date. You can set the date to be in a certain number of months or on a specific date. You can choose to cancel immediately or at the end of the current billing cycle. There are additional webhooks that are sent with this action, please see the documentation for pausing for more details. If they don't have a subscription, this detour isn't shown.
- Downgrade to a Different Plan
- This detour will show you all the plans that are in your gateway. Then you can choose which ones are available choices for your customers. (You probably only want to show active plans). Your customer is shown a list of plans that are less expensive than the plan they are on. If they are already on the cheapest plan, this detour is not displayed.
- Add a coupon
- You can choose to apply a coupon. You choose the coupon, it can be a discount for a certain number of months, a free month, or anything else your gateway supports. Coupons may only be applied once, so if a customer uses a coupon they cannot use another one later. If they have already applied a coupon, this detour is not displayed.
- Extend Trial
- For customers still in their free trial (if you have one) you can extend it for a certain number of days. If they are no longer on their free trial, this detour isn't shown.